Are you looking for a delicious fish recipe that can be made in just under an hour? The rich cream cheese filling inside of the stuff Tilapi tastes absolutely amazing and it makes the perfect complement to the lean sole in this fish dinner recipe.
- 4-ouncefresh or frozen skinless sole, flounder, or other fish fillets, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cupfrozen cut broccoli, thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 8-ounce containersoft-style cream cheese with chives and onion
- 1/4 cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cupherb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoonsmilk
- 2 tablespoonsdry white wine
1. Thaw the fish if it's frozen. Be sure to rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels. For stuffing, drain the broccoli and make sure to press out excess liquid. Combine egg, half of the cream cheese, and the Parmesan cheese into one bowl. Stir in broccoli and the stuffing mix. Spoon one-fourth of the stuffing onto the end of each fillet. Roll it up, securing the rolls with wooden toothpicks. Place fish in a greased 2-quart square baking dish. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the stuffing is hot.
2. Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a seperate small saucepan cook the remaining cream cheese, milk, and wine until it's heated through. Don't forget to stir often. Serve this sauce over the fish.
Makes 4 servings.